The goals for revision A were modest: just see if everything fits and works together. So a simple skeleton was built for everything to fasten to, in roughly the layout that we'll refine in future revisions. Make sure the simple thing works before we make things complicated. The good news: yes, the simple thing does work.
Highlights from the verbose full build blog:
- I bought the Mini-ITX motherboard before committing to the project.
- The project kickoff post.
- The 24" QHD (2560x1440) IPS monitor Lenovo L24q-20.
- How I decided on using a standard SFX form factor power supply.
- Decided to use a PCI Express extension cable after seeing a riser card wouldn't work for me.
- The fit test is a success.
The bare skeleton weighed in at 16 pounds, I'm optimistic a full enclosure can stay under 20 pounds.