I am taking 9 courses this semester, so I am in the midst of an optimization problem...
Looks like whatever built-in neural net has figured it out. Back at about 20hours/week on the board.
After much deliberation last semester, I decided to build the battery management system around the Max14921. I made a breakout board for it, and I will be controlling it using a STM32F01 Discovery board (later integrating the chip directly).
P.S. the pitch on the Max chip is .5mm not .025in like in other TQFP packages of similar pin number (the data-sheet said NOTHING) So the next batch of pcbs will be here next week.
As you can see I have a foam core (actually Ill have two of them) and plain flat carbon fiber plates at the front and back so that the mounting points for the trucks are extra secure.
I am slowly building up the layers of carbon fiber (they are .03in thick and takes me about 2hours for each layer) Half way done though!
I have also figured out all the PCB placement and solved the issue with high current print contacts! (more on this later)