The current hardware interation has only a few basic interfaces:
- A 434 MHz ASK radio transmitter
- A 868 MHz FSK radio transceiver
- A 2.4 GHz radio transceiver
- An IR LED
- AN IR Receiver
- 2 Optocouplers
- 1 (+2 external) thermristor temperature sensors
- 1 DHT11 humidity sensor
These can be used to control (among others) the following devices:
- Generic multimedia equipment (via the IR)
- Remote outlets (via the 434 radio)
- Other custom sensors / activators (via the different radios)
- Power buttons on computers / etc (via the optocouplers)
And receive information from IR remotes and various (custom) sensors.
While this is far from a complete automation system, it provides a lot of oportunities to test the infrastructure.