A sturdier, stronger, and more reliable re-design of my robotics project
Just a quick test of the LED eye systems used in my robot head. I've installed LEDs and motion sensing using arduino. Stay tuned for more updates!
Just a quick test of the motors and gearbox systems used in my robot arm. The next video will be after I've installed potentiometers and position control using arduino. Stay tuned!
The "hand" for my robotics build, like all parts of this build, it can be used as either a right or left hand with no modification! The gearbox used in the rotation wrist is universal as well as modular. The whole hand can be easily disassembled and repaired.
The new and improved robot gripper, a lot more styrength at a fraction of the weight. Like the rest of my project, the gripper can be either a right or left hand with no modification. And the design is completely modular.
Here's a quick video of the head in motion, the wiring isn't quite done, so I'm just moving the motors manually here. but here's the head in action!
This week I added a lot to the robot, I upgraded the face to include an LED matrix powered by arduino, and ultrasonic sensors to control the movement of the new "eye". This design also moved the motors around a bit and made it much stronger and more reliable.I am also adding a few more features such as LEDs and a servo driven "antenna" that reacts to movement. I want the robot to still be expressive, despite it's inhuman appearance!
Just a quick test of the motors in my robot head build! Coming next - Facial recognition, tracking, and speech/audio. Plus more LEDs!
The build is going very well! I haven't had much time to edit video, but the arm is mostly complete and the head is 80% operational. But in the meantime, here is an initial test video of the robotic gripper design!
Quick update! The hand is done! The gearbox assembly is driven by a NEMA 17 stepper motor with a 1:4 planetary gear reducer. The gearbox assembly uses 608 Skateboard bearings in all the joints. It was printed on a Da Vinci 1.0 printer running Repetier, using ABS filament.
The wrist is currently printing now, I am so excited to get it hooked up and running!