The new source code archive is there ! YGREC8_VHDL.20211114.tgz
Some pretty things are there though it's still missing quite a lot:
- The assembler is not complete: it misses some keywords, thorough tests, padding, proper symbol definitions and backward patches...
update 20211118: VHDL assembler is mostly functional. more tests, doc & examples are welcome, as well as nested expressions.
- The ALU8 is more-or-less working, the tests run but find an error.
- TAP is incomplete and more debug infrastructure is required.
- Some files have been split and/or moved around
- the gates library #Libre Gates project is still somehow evolving in parallel, in a soft fork that I'll have to reconcile.
The core is still not complete... there are still many things to manage under the hood. But what works works well :-)
And having a proper assembler helps a lot too. No more estimates, it's now possible to test and reproduce ideas! So I think it's the priority for the next days, then I'll go back to #Libre Gates so I can fix the ALU and progress on the TAP, which is critical to enter programs, control the core and read back its status...
The Shift unit and the register set will then be quite easy to design, I think.