What is working:
- A test area is organized. A local paintball arena and a local Airsoft field are on board for testing the system.
- Impact sensors (two different kinds - piezo and vibe sensor based.) Reliable and working beautifully.
- Spark Cores are programmed and talking to one another and publishing "push" events to the cloud.
- Power source and recharging method decided.
- Low-power mode for recharging, and for auto-off working.
- Laser-cut light diffuser for use in the box tops - frosted Dura-Lar works great.
- Software roadmap and feature list completed as a result.
Here is a Spark Core test setup, making sure all the right things are possible software-wise.
What is next:
- Mechanical design and layout of the Button Boxes and Button Posts.
- Half the hardware is on hand, the others are being narrowed down from a short-list.
- PCB design once the rest of the electronics are designed and confirmed good.
- Ordering remaining parts for prototypes.