I have made quite a bit of progress since the last log.
This is how I made the car cabin interface. There are a few things I would not do again if I could redo. But when it is complete I think I will be happy with it.
- Welded a square frame using steel angle and flat bar.
- Welded bolt flanges on the front and rear
- Cut steel angle to make it flat on the ends so that it can sit on top of a square tube cross bar
- Fitted the main frame to test fit the CCI
- Drilled holes in the flanges on the CCI
- Put shims under the flanges.
- Test fit the bolts
- Dis-assembled everything after writing down shim configuration.
- Siliconed bolt holes, shims and flanges
- covered the gaps on the side with sheet aluminum, siliconed and tex screwed down (Will probably change to rivets)
- Used expanding foam to re-enforce thin sheeting
- covered expanding foam in fibreglass body filler (I would not do this again)
- Now Ive covered the fibreglass filler with normal filler and I am working at getting it smooth.