Day 1

A project log for Solar Mirror Array

A proof of concept multipurpose heliostat

wkpsahlwkpsahl 09/19/2017 at 17:000 Comments

Today I spent cutting apart the bed frames and removing all the rivets with an angle grinder. I would grind off one side of the rivet and then use a punch and hammer to drive it out the opposite side. Later after getting length measurements from the bed frames I sat down and drew up a plan for the frames. I found that having a 10x10 mirror arrangement allowed minimal use of steel while also keeping it structurally strong. You can see this in the image with the red,orange, and green highlighter.