- Stack the I/O Expansion Shield on the Arduino UNO.
- Take the Heart Rate Sensor Module and put the strap through the holes in the modules so that you can wrap on your finger, wrist, earlobe or other areas where it has contact with your skin.
- Connect the Heart Rate Sensor Module to A1 pin on the analog headers on the expansion shield. Mind the colors of headers to the wires, that is, red to red, etc.
- Put the switch on the module to 'A' not 'D" when it is attached to analog input with Arduino.
- In the Wifi Bee slot on the shield, put the ESP8266 WiFi Bee.
2Uploading and Testing
- Wrap the strap around your finger or wrist.
- Now, upload the sketch for testing the module for the first time.
- Open serial plotter and wait for 5 seconds and stay calm.
- You will see the graph of the heart beats.
- Try to block the blood flow through using another hand.
- The graph line will become straight for some time and will come to normal stage as the blood finds way for circulation if all the capillaries aren't blocked properly.