To build your own Reflowduino or Sidekick board, follow the instructions below. Note: it's assumed that you know the basic procedures to orderings parts for and assembling a PCB from scratch.
- Open the EAGLE files, generate the Gerber files suitable for your PCB vendor, and order the boards! (OSH Park is a great place to do this!)
- Reference the appropriate BOM attached in the uploads section and buy the parts needed (Digikey, Arrow, Mouser, etc.)
- Buy solder paste (I have found that low temperature, lead-free solder paste like this one works well)
- You'll also need a stencil to apply the solder paste to the bare PCBs. OSH Stencils is perfect for this and they ship very quickly!
- Apply solder paste onto the PCB via the stencil, then place the components in their appropriate locations.
- Now comes the fun: reflow the board using a hot plate, electric skillet, toaster oven, or whatever other means of producing adequate heat you can find! Hopefully this should be the last reflow you'll have to do manually because Reflowduino automates everything for you!