Build wide area wireless sensor networks easily
Building a sensor network used to involve expert knowledge in sensor and wireless protocols and communications. Syxsens enables easy development with the popular Arduino software and libraries. Sensors can be connected in a plug-and-play fashion thanks to Grove style connectors. Expansion boards will be released with sets of sensors designed for specific applications such as Wild Fire detection (Firesens), Weather Station (Weathersens) and others.
- Atmel ATSAMD21G18A 32-bit Cortex-M0 Microcontroller, 48MHz, 256 KB flash, 32 KB SRAM.
- NiceRF LoRa module based on Semtech SX1278/SX1276. Versions for 433MHz, 490MHz, 868MHz and 915MHz frequency bands.
- Up to 10 Km wireless range (line of sight).
- Connectors for sensors and actuators: 3 analog/digital, 2 I2C, 1 UART.
- Pin headers exposing all MCU pins (digital, analog and PWM).
- SWD debugging support.
- SX1278/SX1276 DIO pins available on headers.
- Over-current protection circuitry.
- USB connection for power and firmware uploading.
- 5V Power supply by USB connector, 3.3V input on pin header.
- Built-in user LED.
- Built-in user button.
- High quality PCB with electroless nickel immersion gold finish.
- Dimensions: 81.28mm x 46.355mm.
We are working on a secure messaging protocol featuring Diffie-Hellman key exchange and point to point encrypted links that can be extended in daisy-chain manner.
IPv6 Packets over LoRa
We are also working on the implementation of a 6LoWPAN inspired frame format to enable IPv6/UDP/CoAP packets to be transmitted over LoRa. This also allows fragmentation and mesh support.