Unfortunately the core51822 modules use a 2.00mm (0.787") pitch rather than regular breadboard 0.1" (2.54mm). It's double row (2x9 pin) as well which makes DIY adapters more difficult.
There are a couple solution.
- buy an Waveshare BLE400 breakout board ($9)
- soldering wires to the headers / replacing the headers ($0)
- modding a pre-existing adapter ($?)
- make an adapter on perfboard (sub $2)
- get a PCB made like this or this
- 44-pin (laptop) ATA cable ($1 from China, $6 from US after shipping)
- 2x10 pin 2mm pitch IDC cable ($4)
- 2x20 pin 2mm pitch headers only (10pk $4) and make your own cable
- buy 2.00mm to 0.1" jumper cables ($5-7)
edit: after using it for a few days my 0.1" jumpers have failed. Scratch that method. I've instead swapped some headers with an inch of 24 AWG wire. More attempts to come later.