Five Reasons I Need a Stickvice:
5. My ENTIRE soldering setup: I need all the tools I can get!
- 15w Radio Shack PC soldering iron. I can make it work on just about anything.
- 25w Chisel tip soldering iron. Great for melting IC's or pealing off traces and pads.
- Soldering iron holder doubles as a hammer (but only after the iron has cooled down.)
- Cardboard protects the wood desk.
- Stickless knockoff vise grips I got for free.
- Plumbing solder
- Chem-Wick and Radio Shack solder I know is more than 10 years old.
My New Soldering Setup, with Upgrades as pictured above:
- Frozen dinner tray from the recycling bin to hold water. Disregard soldering iron tip shaped notch taken off the side.
- A sponge I stole from the kitchen to clean my soldering tip. This is a huge upgrade from the paper towel I was using.
- A piece of foil to protect the cardboard. I am pretty sure the cardboard is not much more than 10 years old, but I may just splurge and replace that too!
- New solder, flux and desoldering bulb I got from my local electronics store, and its like I'm a kid again!