I've been prototyping the firmware on the UBW32 development board, based on a more powerful PIC32 processor. Currently I have the following working:
- USB HID (Driverless) or CDC (Serial) communications for controlling RGB values
- Dual-function HID/Audio microphone USB device - It can act as a sound card input! Still some issues in buffering the audio data though...
- Flicker-free PWM outputs
- Framing protocol (Based on HLDC) for future extension to RS485
Still to do:
- XYZ/xyY device-independant & accurate colour control (RGB does not guarantee the specific colour, as it depends on the LEDs you use!)
- Automatic colour calibration?
- Port code to the hardware I'm designing
- Implement FFT & beat detection in firmware