- DVB-S2 (DVB-T and DVB-C added later)
- Video out of HDMI (streaming added later)
- Device control over Ethernet (switching channels)
- smart card reader added later (for video decryption)
- PCB - tuner mainboard (special power supplies + Raspberry Pi compatible connector + tuner connector)
- Control over ethernet (should be super easy)
- Modify Linux driver
- Video streaming
- video decrypting
I will address problem areas one by one to find out if project is doable.
- Does it have any advantages over building the same just with USB DVB dongle?
- Does it have any advantages over buying new DVB receiver?
1. One less remote control in living room
2. The same interface for year guaranteed (no need to change receiver in 2 years when it releases magic smoke)