What is Open Fab Lab? The first project to collect, develop and integrate open source projects which make a complete fab lab. The overall goal is to first create a lab which by necessity requires high human intervention, but with an expandable architecture for ever increasing automation, up to the "maker singularity" which is a fab lab that can replicate itself with minimal human intervention.
The technologies that need to be integrated are:
1. Machine Vision (OpenMV?)
2. Expert systems / AI to identify and work around problems in the most automated way possible.
3. Heuristic design software for makers to express new designs in the most simple and fast way possible, with machines filling in the obvious blanks.
4. All the digital fab tools such as 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC milling, scanning, metal molding, etc. Large scale capability.
5. Flexible bots to manage the fab tools and their products, and to automate assembly.
6. Help me fill in more details.