This project features Arduino compatible devices which connect to a PC and a camera
"Today i got a photo for you" ;-)
- Heidi Klum
These are the resulting pictures from the photobooth ^^Read more »
Finally this Saturday the Photobooth was used the first Time :)
Perhapps it is a bit oversized but i Like it ;)Read more »
Well, i considered to introduce the 7x5 LED Dot Matrix Display.
It's designed for maximal readability. With a character hight of 160mm, it is readable from across every room, even without glasses ;-)
In fact its just the Bare Arduino schematic with LEDs and a few transistors ;-) Its also used at the #Alarmierungsuhr.Read more »
After a lot of deep thoughts i finaly got to the Solution to create my enclosure from Layers.
Perhapps I leave out the second plywood plate. I'm also afraid, that it will take me another week to get on the jigsaw.
As a Project get startet, there are always changes.
But first I found a few difficulties which bugged me a bit:
- Second Atmega Board is unneccesary, all con be handled by the 7x5 LED Matrix with Atmega328
- The camera doesn't work as i imagined with Win7 there is no remote shooting function for Canon 400d. I have to try it with Win Xp or try reinstall. If that doesnt work, there are more solutions ;)
- Perhapps its neccessary to monitor the camera activity... can't be sure that a picture is taken in time?
- Like Goethe said: "I need more light" .. I have to check out if 2 Softboxes with Daylight Lightbulps supply enough Light for my purposes.
So my current Setup looks like this:
Okay, looks a bit like bricolage ... on the plus side: It works as imagined, i dont have to rework the plug twice a day.
On the minus side the Remote Shutter Plug looks really bad, the connector block didn't match the 2,54mm grid, the optocoupler was a bit big...
this is how the front looks if you take a picture of the active LEDs ("3") with Flash on and minimal brightness. I promise a better Picture next time.
- Check if remote shooting works with Win Xp
- Think about a nice enclosure (VERY hard task... :-()
- Implement SW to get Informations form the 7x5 Panel and show the shoot Images (Optionally print them out) (VB Excel Macro)
- Try to figure out when the camera really shoots.
- At wurst käs i would need to add some external flashes and monitor if they fired.
- The Background could be Illuminated by a RGB flood light?
- Add some other funky features... (Eyecatchers on the 7x5 Display, ...)
Comments and tips are highly appreciated ;-)