I stopped by Tap Plastic to get some Acrylic. I bought 4ft x 4ft piece cut in half so that I can fit it into my laser cutter. I have time scheduled on Tuesday to use the cutter, so I'm ready.
Since I still had a couple of the test pieces left, I glued one piece together and fit it into the 2" ID tube that I'm using to house the wand. The fit is damn near perfect and when I have two circular supports to keep it from tipping, the pieces will glide in well.
But, I want the end pieces that fit in the top and bottom to have a little bit of a friction fit so things stay in place, so I cut some scraps of vinyl to add a tiny bit of tacky surface as well as a little extra width. It worked well enough to keep it in. I'll see how it works once everything is all together.