Ok, so the proof of concept I worked on back in October looked awesome, but it couldn't really move on its own… and there were a couple of reasons why:Read more »
This weekend I started printing the newly redesigned pieces for my jellyfish robot. I got about 90% finished by Sunday, but not enough was intact to start testing out whether or not the design will move like it should.Read more »
About a year ago I started building a robotic jellyfish inspired by Festo's submergible AquaJelly. I was just beginning to figure out how to get the thing moving when I got sidetracked with the prospect of launching a Kickstarter campaign and dropped the project cold. During this whole long year while I've been fulfilling the said Kickstarter, this poor jelly prototype ("Boney") has watched silently from a distant shelf in the workroom, begging me to pick it up again. Finally this weekend I was able to spend some time giving the old parts a makeover… in yellow.
I added a nice gentle curve to the moving pieces, taking after the design of its cousins, the delta robots :
Read more »