10/21/2018 at 20:51 •
Finally I have released a new demo of the game including 2 levels for each world, a world select screen, and a water tile that allows for a slightly different platforming approach. Please enjoy!
10/21/2018 at 00:56 •
Bunch of changes:
- Added saving and loading to level editor
- Added worlds and world selection screen
- Bug fixes found from creating new levels
Expect a new Demo soon with 2 levels per world: an intro level w/ some mechanic for the world and an unlock level where one of the special abilities is unlocked.
As of posting:
- Grass world's gimmic is basic platforming and dodging enemies, and its unlockable is the super jump
- 2 levels complete
- Air world's gimmic is vertical platforming and its unlockable is the ground pound
- 2 levels complete
- Ocean world's gimmic is unchosen as of yet, but its unlockable is the punch
- 1 level complete (and will probably be scrapped anyway)
So all that's left before the new demo is to figure out what Imma do to make the water level special. It might be a slower gravity or something for "water", but I'd really like it to emphasize the mechanic (punching), so I don't know.
10/12/2018 at 06:39 •
Alright, Unlockables are back! And I've updated the github.io playable demo!
Now with a nearly fully featured level editor, I should be able to start working on designing ACTUAL LEVELS for the real game. I should be moving out of test phase shortly!
10/12/2018 at 04:57 •
This is a huge update that isn't very visual, so I'm going to list a few of the changes, but it won't completely cover the scope of the update.
- Biggest change: Update to ES6, mainly classes and 'let' s instead of all global 'var's
- Huge restructure of data
- 4 sub folders of source: resources, global adjusters, class libraries, and engine sections
- Split up of each different type of action in the game
- Added enemies and start location to level data instead of separate parameter (interpreted when created)
- this allows for the level editor to be both simpler and also more powerful
- Better level editor
- add tiles
- add enemies and character start location
- Scroll bars to scroll between
- Culling of undrawn objects
- Update to input and music control
- using classes and pseudo-enums
- more abstract; i.e.: check 'jump' key instead of checking for 'w' and 'up'
- Minor bug fixes
The only real change left to do is remake the unlockables as objects that can be used. The new structure of the levels (negative numbers for special objects) should allow for that to be relatively easy
09/29/2018 at 20:56 •
There are quite a few updates:
- I finally updated the demo code (that's hosted on the github.io page) to the cleaned up physics code
- I made the controls system a bit looser - added arrow keys for movement and space for jump
- Fixed a bug for the resize of the level editor
- I added ladders a while back, but I don't think I added it here!
I'm also currently trying to find some people to help me move the game into more of a full game direction, including level designs and story
04/02/2018 at 00:59 •
I spent a bit of time designing a new logo for the 'game studio'/loading screen
03/18/2018 at 07:34 •
Added some more music. Just a simple title screen loop. I think it sounds pretty good though and is kind of fun and catchy. I might change it later, but it adds to the atmosphere of the project for now.
01/28/2018 at 18:29 •
Today I began work on the actual game/level design. I moved the demo level over into the master/docs folder and made the gh-pages point to that folder isntead. The true game will be the current source code, but a playable demo will now permanently be hosted on the github site
01/19/2018 at 03:41 •
I attempted to fix several bugs, including random audio not starting at the beginning of the game, not being able to punch after landing sometimes, and I also made each of the three powers light up Chunks when used
01/18/2018 at 22:14 •
I added a small pause menu and replaced the alert pop-ups with in-game messages