I assembled the new ring version some time ago but didn't get a chance to putz with the programming until now. Gross, programming. But yay, yellow LEDs:
Used a pin change interrupt on the button to wake up the t85; previously, resting current draw ("resting") was nearly a milliamp which nuked the batteries in a few days. Now down in the microamp range, which should make Zn-air life the limiting factor (4-6 weeks depending on use):
Note that I kept the pogo rig together but soldered wires on for iterative programming. It's fussy to repeatedly align.
Reinforcement wires worked like a charm. I took a few traces dangerously close to the PCB edge which bit me this time, but nothing a few jumpers couldn't fix:
The ring also has a bit of conformal coating, and I used the largest spring tabs from the previous order (A108284CTs). Assuming the ring doesn't break in the next week, I'll wear it to Teardown.