PUB! Programmable USB ButtonPUB! is a Programmable USB Button on which you can program with a sequence of keystrokes. When you press the button those keystrokes are "replayed" over a USB connection
The button is programmed using an innovative and slightly quirky interface that does not require any custom software to be installed on your computer. All you need is a text editor like Notepad or gedit.
- One-button design (a rotary encoder with a built in switch)
- Programmed by using an ordinary text editor as a display (for example, gedit on Linux, or Notepad on Windows)
- Up to 127 keystrokes can be recorded and played back
- Supports a GOTO function, so you can program loops
- Can send USB System Control codes (Power off, sleep, wake) to your PC
- Can send USB Consumer Device functions (e.g. Mute, Play, Pause, Stop, etc.)
- Requires NO drivers for Windows/Linux etc
- Supports 256 x 8-bit "registers" to record state (in RAM, lost at power off)
- Supports basic arithmetic. Add, subtract, etc
- Supports conditional logic. For example, Compare to value, Jump on zero etc
The possibilities are fairly broad including:
- Using a Bluetooth module to detect proximity of the button owner's mobile phone so that the USB button is only enabled when its owner is near.
- Addition of an external EEPROM for extra keystroke capacity.