This is my first time using a Pro Trinket, I typically us a Pro Mini or an Uno.
Here are some notes to myself about using a Pro Trinket:
- 99% of Arduino Programs work on it ( except that pins 2 and 7 are not available)
- Had to drag and drop a file to get it to work on the Arduino IDE although there is an option to just download an IDE (https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-pro-trinket/setting-up-arduino-ide)
- Analog 4 & 5 pins are broken out ( at a gain of size over the Pro Mini)
- Uses a 12Mhz crystal over a 8Mhz crystal in every Pro Mini that I've seen.
- Can be programed over micro usb - have not tried - at a loss of a bit of sketch size ( 28.6k vs 32k Bytes)
I'm sure there probably is more stuff I missed but this is what I learned from quickly skimming through https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-pro-trinket/overview.
I'm off to write some code now!