dimmable LEDring for the illumination of camera photos
At the beginning of the week I built the first fully functional prototype.
with the StepUp hooked up
The program was adapted from me so that can be selected via the solder bridges different Expires.
(eg is constant pulsing or strobe effect)
this is the test configuration.
(the audio-cable is a little bit long)
My USB-Powerbank is about 2200mAh and after two hours its still working fine.
When I put both sides to 100%, the whole thing runs about 750mA on the bench.
2200mAh / 750mA = 2,9333h
After three hours everything was still working fine , too ;-)
During the next week I'm going to make a stylish case
here are a few shots from the funktional ring:
1% PWM - it wasn't possible for me to get a photo from a 100% referenz, because the picture was overall white :-D
left-side on 25% right on 2%
right-side on 50% left on 2%
As you can see, i think there is no diffuser needed, because at a distance of 10 mm and more no longer points of the LEDs can be seen
At this weekend I've found a little time, to write a "clean and smooth" program. It was done in Bascom (as I already said).
The programm has been kept very simple:
It starts with the lowest PWM on both sides. Both sides are enabled at the start. From this point, you can disable each side by pressing the assigned button. And you can adjust the brightness by using the up- and down-buttons. If one side is turned off, only the other side is set.
So the both sides can be adjusted in every PWM-setting you want.
The RGB-Led shows the status of the control panel:
green: it's operating
red: reached upper PWM-level
blue: reached lowest PWM-level
Everything ist powered from a poor USB-Powerbank ;-)
Here are a few test photos
with normal flash
with 20% PWM - both sides
with 100%-PWM (the camera has turend automatically into "overdrive" ^^)
only left-side on (left: 75%, right: 10%)
only left-side on (left: 10%, right: 75%)
it doesn't take as long as i thought to solder everything together
the brightness is incredible ^^
more photos (also from test-objects) soon
Yesterday, finally, the boards arrived me.
So I'm going to solder anything together on the weekend.
Oh, and I think I'll program the ATTiny with bascom.
I'd just discuss my project with several people.
They'd advise me to make a smaller version that fits around a GoPro lens.
Here is the result:
It has exactly the same functions like its bigger brother.
There are 30 LEDs around, with a little space to the lens (to avoid shadows) and it get a smaller jack ;-)
I'm also looking forward, to add a new idea.
It will get an adjustment between "sunny-white" and "pure-white" LEDs
It was a long night, but now the boards are finished and ordered.
All components are ordered ;-)
the test building on strip board are ready ...
Now it's time to program