My first attempt was using a Launchpad Tiva. I rather like the board and the large selection of GPIO, but ultimately I'm trying to reduce the project size to something I can put on a small board. DIP packaging is more suitable for the tools I have handy, so I'm converting the effort to MSP430. This is the schematic I had for Tiva.
The MSP430 variation of this isn't very different but I did change R2 value. The MSP430 only has 10-bit ADC (compared to Tiva's 12-bit) so using such a high pull-down (10k) resistor results in poor resolution of input, so I have switched it to 3.9k and use 4x oversampling to read it. I was able to get this all working in-code but had to take many shortcuts because the MSP430 chip I have on-hand only has 2kb. Not only did I have to use a table to convert thermistor readings to temperature, but I also had to cut out most of the LCD font to fit everything in memory. I'm ordering a bigger MSP430 chip so I can have more GPIO and flash, so this should only be a transient problem.
Once I am satisfied and clean up the code I will post my Energia project to Github and start on the relay control and interfacing with TinyG