• Testing ROM

    dave09/14/2015 at 09:53 2 comments

    Now that all things are pretty much connected, I am left only with making an assembler. I tried testing all of the modules, this is a short clip of testing the ROM module. Enjoy

  • Stitches and flux

    dave09/07/2015 at 07:28 4 comments

    Don't want to overreact here, but I shed blood for my project. ;) I needed some jumper cables for my project and I was being stupid. I tried pulling them out from an old pc case, but instead of unscrewing the case I went in through the hole where the power supply was. I pulled them all with ease, then I saw another one that was connected to a speaker or a buzzer, I didn't need the buzzer so I decided to tore it out. I hit the metal with my hand as the cable snapped and slashed my hand a bit. I needed stitches so it took a week before I was able to continue with my project.

    I feel things are moving pretty fast regarding my project. I have to reprogram 3 micro controllers then I guess I can start working on the ASSEMBLER.

    Oh I also would like to thank @Radomir Dopieralski for introducing me to a thing called flux. It made soldering a fantasy. So Thank you Radomir for that.

    I'll update this post with a picture or two when I get home.

  • my Keyboard meets RS232 adapter - instant love

    dave08/26/2015 at 06:14 0 comments

    It's just a quick update. I applied some noise reduction meassures. That's the copper wire (with isolation) that is grounded and wrapped around the other wires that are connected to the adapter.

  • Bridge era

    dave08/21/2015 at 22:04 2 comments


    So just a quick update. Thank God the bridge connecting the two parts is working.

    I'm displaying an old message on LCD - this time communicating via bridge.

    Both parts are now leaning inwards, but that will be fixed when I'll get to it.

    Let the pictures talk. (sorry, probably the worst quality so far)

  • My bridge thing

    dave08/20/2015 at 19:05 2 comments

    Just a quick update. Summer is a busy time for me, especially this one, but I did manage to create a thing that I call a bridge between the ''utility board'' and ''the CPU part''.

    hope you guys/gals like it.

    On-board programming:

  • PIC 16F 844 - MCU

    dave07/04/2015 at 15:08 0 comments

    Yay, I just managed to get my PIC 16F 844 to act as a compiler. I switched it from PIC 16F 627 because I needed more free pins and more program memory.

    The same chip will be used for compiler MCU.


  • Hackaday prize 2015

    dave06/26/2015 at 20:59 2 comments

  • Current status

    dave06/22/2015 at 09:27 0 comments

    Eventhough I did not update this project in a while, I work pretty hard on it. Everything that I have so far, is directly controller through CPU (duh..), However, there must be something that will feed CPU with op codes that it must execute and that is what I'm working on now.

  • Update

    dave06/01/2015 at 21:31 0 comments

    I mounted slots for my 7 segment display controllers. I mostly slavaged them. Also, I got my 2 pieces of PIC16F884, which has 40!! pins each and what's even more important it has a lot more program memory.

    One will be used for my compiler, another for my CPU.

    What will make the computer to execute is a firmware that will output basic code (for setting things up) to the CPU which will execute it.

    Follow up to come.

  • Segments and commands

    dave05/29/2015 at 09:11 0 comments

    [UPDATE Got my new PICS today]