The current plan is to get as good hobby cnc machine as possible within the arbitrary budget of approx 300 EUR (electronics + mechanics, PC not included in the budget). Nothing is exactly written in stone but the general idea is a "bang for buck" machine.
What I want it to do.
(1) Accuracy of about 0.01 mm as a general goal if possible.
(2) Ability to set machine zero precisely (intend to use a USB microscope for setting zero in work-space)
(3) For the dremel-mill a tool length probe for z-axis plus "home" switches (at least) for repeatability. Probably also limit switches for safety.
(4) Reasonably rigid construction.
(5) Different tool options - reasonable power diode laser (more than 2W) + dremel for a start. Pen mount for initial testing + usb microscope also. Possibly all that attached at the same time for making it easy to do different projects.
(6) Reasonably safe to use (if you can say so for a cnc machine that cuts something on program).
(7) Good enough working area and as small as possible external dimensions around that working area.