For as long as I can remember, I've held a fascination with the Enigma machine. With the rise of 3D printing, I've realized I can have a full-size one in plastic.
* 3D model each component in Fusion 360 (this is probably the part where I disclose I don't know anything about 3D modeling, so I'll be learning as I go)
* Print each part
* Adjust the 3D model to deal with the tolerances my 3D Printer can do (Prusa i3 Mk2S)
* Assemble It
* Get the electrical side of it working, which would require some customer copper pieces and finding some (likely) obscure electrical connectors
* Build a wooden box matching with the original
* Build the upper frame skins out of sheet metal
Enjoy this project?