<Insert usual spiel about me not being able to believe it's the end of June already>
OK, short, sweet and to the point on the update this month. So much good stuff happening, but at least for June the firmware is a little quiet on the new features front. That's not to say it hasn't got a lot in it though!
On the juice side of things, a lot of work has been done on the Flex fuel capability. Whilst it's not fully ready for June, the ability to read, display and log a flex sensor has been added. classified has done a heap of work on the actual fuel/ignition adjustments side of things and I'm hoping this should be merged within July sometime.
A LOT of work has gone into squashing bugs that were identified, some small, some more significant. I'm happy to say that from a reliability point of view, this release is the best to date by a long margin so I recommend upgrading for this alone.
Rather than drag it out, here's a full summary listing of the changes:
- Flex fuel sensor reading added
- lambda output added
- New decoder added based on info from classified. I have no idea what this should be called, but for now its simply designated 'MazdaAU' as this is apparently a pattern unique to Australian vehicles.
- Include AFR option has been added to allow incorporating AFR target directly in the pulsewidth calculation (Similar to 'Include MAP')
- Decent performance improvements to the corrections code
- Tweaks to the serial comms code to allow newer versions of the Tuner Studio beta (.120 and up) to be used
- Bug fix for potential serial disconnect and display of incorrect values
- Fix bug identified by AndreaRC that could cause injector pulse dropout under certain conditions, particularly when very low injector timing angles were set
On the whole this is a solid update, if even its not feature rich. I highly recommend it for all users for general stability etc.
As usual, the release is available on the wiki: http://speeduino.com/wiki/images/3/36/Speeduino_Jun16.zip
I have also begun tagging releases on github to allow easier tracking through there.