Despite me being largely out of action due to other commitments that last 10 days or so, there was a lot of progress made throughout July. Some of these things are parts of larger pieces of work and aren't fully completed yet (Eg 5 cylinder support), so this update may look somewhat lite on for new features, but rest assured there's lots happening.
To keep things short and sweet, here's the list of the major changes since last month:
- An error management system has been introduced for handling various types of sensor and operating failures. This is still very much a work in progress, but essentially it will allow for easier diagnosis of errors and the use of default sensor values for a 'limp home' mode. The system flags that there has been an error and will output an error number that can be looked up against the (WIP) documentation: http://speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/Errors
- Up to 4 error conditions can be managed at a single time
- For this release, the replacement default values are disabled, so you only get the error being logged for now, but I expect this to be turned on by default (With a configuration dialog) for next month
- Speeduino now uses it's own signature in TunerStudio, meaning that conflicts between the ini file and the code that is loaded will be picked up when you connect. This should hopefully reduce the number of people having disconnection issues due to mismatching config/code. See below for important details about this change
- Fixed a condition that could cause the tacho output to 'miss' every now and then, which resulted in a poor signal.
- Significant performance improvement on the 2D table lookups
- Change code directory structure to work with the recently released Arduino IDE 1.6.10
- Fixes for injector timing issues that were discovered in the June release (These fixes were also included in the rereleased v3 of the June files).
IMPORTANT: Because of the change with the signature, you MUST have Tuner Studio 3.0.2 or newer to use this firmware. It will fail to connect on any version earlier than this. I HIGHLY recommend the update even if you're not using this firmware though as Tuner Studio 3 is a great leap forward over the 2.6.x versions. It can be downloaded from: http://www.efianalytics.com/TunerStudio/download/
As always, the firmware is available from the wiki: http://speeduino.com/wiki/images/2/2f/Speeduino_Jul16.zip
Or now also as a release on github: https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/releases