OK so I'm a bit late with this months update, but there's a good reason for it. I know I've been a little quiet around the forums the last few weeks, and this has mostly been due to putting all of my Speeduino time into the firmware.
So, without beating around the bush. The good news is that the October firmware now supports full sequential fuel and ignition control! This has been a huge piece of work to get in and is one of the reasons things are a little delayed. A couple of points about the implementation:
- Individual cylinder fuel trim adjustment is supported via 4 6x6 3D tables
- Fuel and ignition are independent of one another, meaning one can be sequential and the other not
- Sequential is available for engines up to 4 cylinders
- Currently sequential is only supported with the missing tooth (+ cam) and dual wheel decoders. Support for others will be added over the coming weeks
In addition to that piece of good news, there's been the usual assortment of new features, bug fixes and performance improvements:
- Fix for issue of sensor calibrations (IAT and CLT) not saving correctly. This was present on versions of Tuner Studio newer than 3.0.7
- New baro read method on startup will detect if the engine is already running and attempt to use the last known good baro reading
- Calibration profile for MPX4400 was added
- Improvements to some of the fan control logic. This fixes a potential issue of a fan not switching off under certain conditions.
- Changes to the fixed crank timing code to improve accuracy. This may make for more reliable starts on low res decoders such as the Basic Distributor and the 4G63.
- Code will now compile cleanly and run to the point of being able to connect to TunerStudio using a Teensy 3.2 or 3.5/3.6. Note that there is NO scheduling available for these platforms yet, so it is non-functional, but it is a huge step closer to getting these up and running as an alternative.
- A number of code/comment cleanups from VitorBoss (Thanks!)
I think that just about covers everything. This is a BIG update this month and there are a lot of changes both in the code and in the layout of things in TunerStudio. I strongly recommend going over your tune after upgrading to ensure that everything still looks ok.
The firmware is available for download from the usual locations:
Monthly code dump: http://speeduino.com/wiki/images/8/87/Speeduino_Oct16.zip
Github release: https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/releases/tag/201610
As a side note, there are issues with the 184.108.40.206 and 3.0.11 versions of Tuner Studio that cause corruption to your tune file! Version 3.0.12 fixes these, but PLEASE avoid the bad versions as they can really mess up your tune very quickly.