I've wasted few days trying to upload a sample app using S110 8.0.0 softdevice and here are the findings:
- it doesn't work with current (2.1.1) nRF Master Control Panel app for android :(
- it will work with Master Control Panel for windows but I have MacOSX... I didn't manage to install MacBook Pro bluetooth host controller driver in Windows within Virtualbox. It doesn't work either in wine (no bluetooth support).
- it WORKS with nRF Toolbox for android but only if you remove Chronos eco android app!
- Chronos eco app for android is a crap. Even if device is not paired and app is closed it breaks communication. I wasn't able to upload an app with bootloader provided with 8.0.0 softdevice when using OTHER software. After removal everything works ok. One more strange feature is that when you enter DFU mode and upgrade firmware from chronos eco android app then it will install... weloop firmware that is not compatible with chronos eco app :D
- My new watch came today so I will upload a new softdevice and an app to it soon.
- I've decided to use S120 softdevice. It has big advantage - in newest version (2.0.0) it can be used both as a central or peripheral device (all features available in S110 7.1.0) but only one at a time. This will give us a possibility to switch watch from terminal to standalone mode!