I did a timelapse of the C light being on for 8 minutes.
It got warm, but alas, no melty goodness.
I'm still reprinting it in nylon.
EDIT: Tweaked the mount so its now a real snap fit and reprinted the bottom in nylon. It was too flimsy, so I went back and added a solid bottom layer. This helped greatly, so the reflector part is done.
The top diffuser portion in nylon was also too flexible which made it prone to separation at the vertical/horizontal wall intersection. I will need to reinforce it. It's only a single nozzle width right now so I'll just step it up to two nozzle widths at the bottom joint, adding to the outside
The diffuser part is nicely translucent though and so I can make it a layer or two thicker. I've also found varying the extrusion width for the lines composing those first few layers gives a nice prismatic effect. :)