At the Milwaukee Maker Faire today and tomorrow. If you're in the area come on out!
I discovered another issue and solved it. Turns out one of my spooling rods was a slightly different diameter. During the last iteration of rebuilding a schooling rods I replace them with the carbon fiber rods I use for the uprights. I thought I remember measuring them to make sure they were all the same, but I guess not.
That was contributing to the X & Y axis not being at 90° from each other. I entered the correct value for the diameter for the oddball spooling rod and the issue went away. Yay. So I got it all tuned and perfect, and then took it back apart for transport.
So I'm bringing an unfinished project to the Maker Faire, but I got a lot of those so I guess it's okay.
Hope to see you there!