People, we are now
Automatically tweaking fuel levels while driving!
- Global-only adjustments based on maximizing RPM
- global-only adjustments based on O2 sensor
- local and global adjustments based on O2 sensor
Mode 1 takes over when the engine is cold and idling.
Mode 2 takes over when the engine is warm, but has not been warm for long.
Mode 3 takes over when the engine has been warm for a while and the engine has been pulling (as opposed to coasting - a state that turns the injectors off) for a minimum amount of time.
Noticeable power improvement
The seat-feel is much improved over the original ECU. I did not expect this to be the case yet, but the impetus for the project was, in large, a difficult-to-correct hesitation when accelerating using the original ECU. This has already been eliminated. Woot.
- fix bug with RPM measurement when engine is off.
- get a manual SMOG test to measure emissions.
- Start using Wide-band O2 hardware
- Build wireless dash-monitor.