Secure #IoT Idea #IAMCIty
* For “Intelligent Autonomous system for Monitoring and Control of Intersection”
* Brought to life through #2015HackadayPrize contest.
* Ultimate goal of this Hackaday Project as such will be #IAMCIty Proof of Concept (PoC).
[ Concept of operation – Final version 06.08.2015 ]
Introduction (only for information):
- Numbering is in order of building-up the foundations. Differently put, it can be seen as numbering every piece of puzzle when put in place. Thus after all pieces are within the puzzle frame and in the right order, the whole Image of puzzle can be seen. And only then the puzzle's Image can make sense.
- Concept is presented from 1st person to give actual sense of the base that will support as foundation the following actual implementation.
- With all that introduction in mind, this is the fundamental part of IAMCIty, for 1st technical details, please check this presentation from 06.08 project update - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6S44jnEBxzyTFFLYmN3Z1FVWUk/view .
- Intersection, a simple definition taken from acting laws: That is the area created by two or more roadways at their junction,
which can be at any angle.
IAMCity = )
1. Monitoring – This is the core functionality I have. To process Imaging data and create meta-data, upon which the Decision making process takes place. In that sense the data from an Imaging sensor will be gathered only for the needs of my Digital Signal Processing to result in meta-data. Once done the sensor data will be discard. To state it clearly - NO Imaging data what so ever will be kept of the passing traffic on my intersection, pedestrians or drivers of vehicles. To have that data is not required, nor can be of better value, for the actual Decisions-making progress once there's sensible meta-data. Last, but not least an important notion is that: Based on the meta-data the reverse process of creating the source Image is considered to be close to impossible, if not impossible.
2. Intelligent – In relation to my decision making process I'm not an A.I. in any way. But have the flexibility, to an extend that, I make my own decisions and they can respond to an evolving environment. A single decision of mine depend both on pre-defined rules and gathered meta-data. Because the gather meta-data can result in new, additional rules, i.e. generated another set of rules which is added to the pre-defined one. Then there's the directive that: No generated rule can overrule a pre-defined one.
3. Autonomous – I'm operating on my own. I do NOT need a central managing or control system. Also my goal is NOT to give 'remote access' to my input or output devices, including built-in and as well outside peripherals. A good example is that through my systems no one will be able to receive control to the end-points I'm connected to (as actuators for example). Simply because no such functionality exists within my programming. Yet the following case is considered and taken care of: There can be a situation where I'm not capable to handle the end-points (again as actuators for example). Therefore I can decide to release them from my control so other system can take control ONLY over the end-points, not me. As I'm autonomous. For control to be given back to me all systems must go through reset and an initialization process, including the actual boot-up of my core system, will take place.
4. Control – Only when no information signaling is capable of resolving an immanent situation, then I will be able to take control over “Traffic Signaling”. This action will be completely AUTONOMOUS, i.e. not executed by a remote command or governor. Because that simply does not exist within my programming.
For quick example:
- I can use the LED Traffic Lights to close an intersection where a traffic accident has taken place. NOT prior of that !
- Change the LENS of LED Traffic Lights for better perceptions from the participants in the traffic. Of course that will be taken upon determining...Read more »