The serial port must be connected using a 1.8V TTL adapter to the main board of the kindle pw2. Use trial and error to determine the pinout of the TTL serial port (there is no danger of damaging the SOC).
- Use references on the web to see how to disassemble the kindle and find the serial port connector.
- Use wire wrap wire.
- Secure wire to the board side with tape to prevent breakage.
- Use a hand drill or dremel to drill through the back case (soft plastic).
- Route the wires through the case. Reassemble the kindle.
- Secure wires on the outside of the board to prevent breakage.
- Add a suitable connector.