Time flies. The last update of this project is from 2014 - while the original microreader is functional, I decided to take another try and implement some ideas gathered from community here and under blog entry here. I like the openspritz idea, see also here. To help with key-less text scrolling, or with openspritz speed adjust, I added accelerometer on board.
The original 1206 inductor in OLED DC/DC converter was changed for inductor with lower height and lower resistance, so it will not protrude that much from board (lower total height) and the power efficiency should go up.
I made minor modifications to original board, to fix bugs from 1.0 version. The pinheader (2.0mm pitch) is just temporary for firmware debugging.
Accelerometer is tested and running, I'll try to port old source files to it.