It's the morning of the first Hackaday prize deadline, and I made it!
Here's a quick recap of the last week:
- Finished soldering three more prototypes
- 2 of the three worked fine
- 1 of the boards isn't working (won't communicate over I2C)
- I think that this is because I powered the board up without pull-up resistors on the I2C lines
- I've replaced the I2C isolator IC, but still not working
- Next step is to replace the codec, but this will be really difficult without a hot air reflow station
- Shipped my only three working prototypes to Hackaday
- My first prototype and the two new working prototypes
- My wife helped me complete the two required videos
- The "Semifinals" video is here: video
- The "Quarterfinals" video is linked in an earlier post
- Made a mockup of the product packaging (again, big thanks to my wife for her help!)
- Added a detailed design guide: link
- And, added a user guide (still a work in progress): link
One thing that I had hoped to finish before this deadline was to integrate the SuperAudioBoard with the Teensy Audio Library, but I had to pause work on it to finish the contest requirements.
Here are my goals for the next few weeks before the final best product deadline:
- Fix my last prototype!
- It'll be hard to get much testing done without a working proto type :)
- Finish integration with the Teensy Audio Library
- Just a 16 bit mode to start with (24 bit support requires extensive rework of the entire library).
- Update the board design with some usability enhancements
- Address some solderability issues
- Better annotations
- Design some interface boards for the Raspberry Pi
- Better than point to point wiring
- Try Raspberry Pi with other audio distributions for better ease of use
- Working with audio in Raspbian wasn't the easiest.
Stay tuned for more updates!