Unfortunately, due to a few unfortunate unexpected time constraints, at this stage we do not look like completing R2 by close of competition.
Hardware-wise a few components we had ordered didn't arrive on time, and a faulty voltage regulator and dc motor made for a few unneeded delays.
Software-wise, it really just came down to a bad estimate of available time, perhaps a just tiny bit of scope creep too.
We will continue to work on this project regardless of that fact however.
So far, we have:
- The basic structure of the PC application completed.
- We have an essentially functional dotmatrix laser display,
- A basic controller firmware
We still have yet to complete:
- A usable PC gui
- A collection of alert plugins (components that check your twitter, email or various)
- A completed firmware
- A lot of code tidy up
- An actual shell so that R2 doesnt just look like a lump of wood and 10 minute epoxy.