Installing the Freescale programming tools is not trivial.
- the IDE is based on Eclipse and GCC, and is called Kinetis Design Studio
- to start a FRDM project, you also need to install the Freescale SDK as an Eclipse update
- the programmer is based on OpenSDA, a software tool which, by the way, is not open, and is from another company
How to start a new FRDM-KL25Z project:
- Install KDS (Freescale Kinetis Design Studio)
- Install KSDK (Freescale Kinetis SDK), otherwise FRDM-KL25Z will not be present in the New -> Project wizard
- - In the installation folder of the KSDK go to tools (Default is 'C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\tools\eclipse_update')
- - Unzip 'KSDK_1.2.0_Eclipse_Update.zip' into 'C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\tools\eclipse_update\KSDK_1.2.0_Eclipse_Update'
- Open KDS and go to Help -> Install New Software...
- - Press 'Add...', then 'Local', then browse to 'C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.2.0/tools/eclipse_update/KSDK_1.2.0_Eclipse_Update'
- - Install 'KSDK 1.2.0 Eclipse Update'
- Restart KDS
- Create a new project
- - File -> New -> Kinetis Project
- - Type a name in the 'Project name:' field, then press 'Next'
- - Type 'kl25z' in the 'Processor to be used:' field
- - Click on FRDM-KL25Z, then press 'Next'
- - Check the 'Processor Expert' checkbox, then press 'Next'
- - Press 'Finish'
3D Printing AVR Arduino Art Audio Automation BeagleBone Bluetooth Cameras Clock Drones Environment Hardware IoT LED Medical Music Radio Raspberry Pi Remote Control Robotics Rockets Satellites Science Security Software Virtual Reality Wearables