Its been quite a while since I posted a project update so here is whats been going on.
Further Firmware Development (New Features & Bug Fixes
- New firmware version binaries are copied onto my NAS which will deploy the firmware OTA to any timers int he world requesting an update
- New Audio Output Feature about to be released. Using SoftwareSerial I have been able to turn the ESP8266 Rx pin which is exposed as the middle pin of the external white connector for simple digital pin toggle of external relays, into a Tx pin for sending serial commands to an external wav/mp3 module containing an SD card with bell tones. When in Tone Output mode the events allow you to choose which bell sounds will play. This feature is intended for use with school or factories using PA based signal systems instead of electric bells.
Switching to Injection Molded cases has been fantastic. These are my current production steps
- Cases produced in China and shipped to another location in China
- Electronics are produced and installed in the cases with 2 screws
- Cases are shipped to me (finally damage free)
- I open the cases and update the firmware to latest production version
- Battery installed in each unit for the RTC
- Each timer is tested for 24 hours being assembled in the cases with all 8 screws
- Timers are either shipped in orders of 10-30 to distributor in Canada or sold individually online
New Website in development
Feel free to take a look and provide feedback. Load speeds will be slow, my ADSL upload speed is about .8Mbps and I am hosting it on a raspberry pi while developing it. All images have been produced with Fusion360 / Photoshop.
Some of the 3D renders done in Fusion 360