For this project, we from jolliFactory have designed yet another Line Follower which we have aptly named it jolliBot. The design is based on the following requirements:
1. Compact enough to navigate on moderately complex tracks occupying typical size tables.
2. Uses all through-hole electronics components so someone with basic soldering skill is able to put it together.
3. Uses a micro-controller with ease of programming which can easily be swap out for use on other projects.
4. Uses easily available batteries.
5. Light weight and inexpensive.
Full detail on building this project can be found at http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-based-Desktop-Line-Follower-jolliBot/