This weekend I didn't have time to hack at the hardware, but I started writing an assembler for the cpu.
Being a old C programmer I decided to try my hand on a another language to challenge my hacker spirit. I've wanted to use golang for something for a while now, so I spent a few hours picking up the basics of the language and then another few hours to implement the basics of a two-pass assembler that can process the instruction set of my cpu and some necessary directives like .def and .org.
I must admit that it was a piece of cake - much easier than I anticipated. The functionality of the assembler is not 100% yet, but gimme another hour or so and it will be done. :-)