07/13/2015 at 00:34 •
As I've been further researching existing smart monitors, I modified the basic design. I used Sketchup to throw together a 3D model to illustrate the idea. It's not perfect, but should convey the concept more effectively.
07/09/2015 at 01:58 •
- How do smart meters hook up to electrical circuitry in a home?
- Will an Arduino-based solution have a problem with interacting with such a large voltage?
- How will the user change preferences and settings on the device?
- What components are necessary for user to interact with monitor?
- How much information should be shown on the monitor's screen?
- What is the device's optimal size in order to facilitate user interaction well?
- Research possible patent issues
- Determine minimal viable product scope
- Plan the API endpoints
- Architect database schema
- Set up temporary hosted server
- Wireframe user interface
- Outline possible, future use cases to determine marketability.
07/08/2015 at 18:45 •
I just had this idea today, so I'm starting the project here on HAD to begin work on it. With a sizeable adoption rate, this device and surrounding social implementation has the possibility to impact the global environment in positive ways.