As you can see this is my 1st go with a 3d printer! It's actually my 2nd go at the lid. The 1st lid was completely wrong , always measure twice !
my specially ordered miniXLR sockets with the nuts on the outside of the case are stupid. I realised the pcb on the back is worth 1$ so it's far better to put the mini xlr sockets in through the holes ( should be D shape 11mm ) then tighten the nuts / washers from the inside the case before soldering the pcb onto all the pins. need to add thread lock glue to those nuts I think or you would end up with a bunch of washers and nuts flapping about in between the sock and pcb eventually.
cramped ugly nuts on the exterior of the case.. no ! got to go :)
top right corner it a whole for the programmer cable.
the uSD cards need more thumb room , it's a tweezer job to get them in and out !
The whole case needs beveled edges , way too sharp everywhere!
The bulge in the case is caused by the 40pin analogue board connector from ADC DAC card
that protrudes over the edge of the board edges. easy mistake to forget that those IDC connectors are much wider than the box around the footprint on the PCB !
for now I will just cut a whole in the case so it doesn't warp the box as I want to change the connector for light weight FPC ribbon cable , so its a problem that will eventually go away :)
Well I guess this is the great thing about having a 3d printer , you just keep refining the case until your happy then get it made professionally. I didn't bother with vase mode or whatever is the best way to print. I used sun PLA+ which is slightly stronger than the usual PLA. But could well have used anything.