Phantom power is working and is rock solid :)
Highly acurate as you can see from the high tech volt meter !!! really need to buy some proper test equipment.. its on the list of things to do.
I used an LT8570 IC wwith some 5% capacitors and 1% resistors.
I had to double up some resistors to get the values.
At first I soldered some resisitors in parralel !! ooops , then thought about it again and re organised them in series to get the values i needed...
the circuit works from 9v - 16v input accuratelty and has very low noise.
Its maximum output is about 50ma, so should be fine for now, I might need to increase the power output since there could be 8 channels running phantom power !!
I have just ordered some resettable polyfuses 60v 50ma trip to protect against XLR cable shorts and dodjy defective microphones :) !!
Adding more cicuit protection on XLR inputs against bad incomming current too.