the DSP is alive!!!
I managed to get the DSP and 8 channel DAC working on the fan out buffer at 24.576mhz and programmed the DSP to make some interesting noises over I2c :)
I'm busy working on why the 8 channel ADC is'nt sending anything to the DSP yet. I just found that I need to set the chip to slave mode rather than the default master mode over I2c. that would help I think! hopefuly it will now sync to the dsp.
The whole board is using around 435ma at 5v but that's 8 channels analouge IO with a DSP so I suppose it's not too bad.
The 8 inputs to the ADC are bias at 2.5v I think or there's something wrong with the ADC!
I don't have input buffering this board as I intend to experiment with them on the the analouge IO board.
Anyway very happy the Dsp and dac is now running at least.