04/02/2017 at 22:41 •
Thanks to a reaction on this project that I got, I got some new experiments in the pipeline. The major one is implementing alpha transparency for the Okuda elements so that the interface can be used as an overlay for AR for example.
Yesterday it looked like implementing proper alpha masks was next to impossible because of the structure of the elements, the editor and the fact that the code is quite old now.
But with some experimentation, I think I have found a way to implement it in a way where the data structure remains the same, events are kept, browser compatibility is ensures and where I do not have to overhaul my development environment.
(it basically means that I have to write a replacement function hack for "obsolete" browsers)
08/08/2015 at 14:11 •
Here is a working example of the interface I build with my LCARS editor. Where it can, it will rearrange the layout to suit the requested function.
This interface is build in HTML 4. HTML 5 will make creating the shapes much easier.
Note how the calendar object is relocated for the ALARM functionality.
08/08/2015 at 10:44 •
I've been looking into way to open up this project, but this does not seem as simple as it sounds.
First of all Paramount or whoever owns the rights to ST:TNG has a history of being ... less than community minded ... regarding usage of their imagery.
As this is currently just an experiment and an exercise in building usable interfaces, it probably isn't such big of a deal.
Various fonts are available on the internet for free as is the design guide for LCARS as well as various example images.