Sorry all, There's been some progress, but ive been totally wiped out by Real life -
spent 2 weeks sick with a throat infection, no progress-
torn rotator cuff - yeah, a 5'10 150lb guy probably shouldnt move a full sized file cabinet alone without a dolly, my dad thanked me for getting it out of his house, but recovering from a throat infection , then tearing my rotator cuff, ive seriously hurt my ability to Day-to-day anything, so, very little progress for almost a month
that all said - the last week or so has been a whirlwind of progress -
New Control systems Have arrived! - Arduino based Brains and controller, we'll be seeing a Nano328 taking the place of the Raspi+I2c Board, and a Mega 2560 on the base station end, NRF24L01 Wireless 2.4 radio link .
i DID get extras of EVERYTHING this time, ive got an Extra Nano, and a couple of spare 2.4 transceivers,
Ive already got basic "stick to servo" controls functional, Sidenote* Arduino is SUPER easy to get started with..
I also ordered a Bucket of Extra Servos to replace the ones ive damaged already (both waist servos, and one ankle servo have developed dead spots and/or grindy gears) , with enough leftover for a second bot.
that said, A Second Bot is under construction - calling him "One", started calling the original bot "Zero".
plans are to test against each other for part and software revisions, a walking "spare parts supply" and possibly to have an extra robot for demos or purchase possibilities.
Ive Also got Mk3 UNTETHERED - with the new Arduino + 2.4ghz link system, it was as simple as slapping on some AAs in a battery pack and Off to the races!
I'll get some more in-depth updates and pics later!